Please contact Michigan Conference Events Planner and Annual Conference Executive Team member Nancy Arnold
General and Focus Meals
The Commission on the Annual Conference Session has worked very closely with the Grand Traverse Resort's Food & Beverage Manager and Chef to craft delicious menus for our conference.
Special Dietary Needs Grand Traverse Resort has committed to providing complete menus for those with special dietary needs.
If you avoid any of the seven main allergens (dairy, egg, tree nuts, peanuts, shellfish, fish, wheat/gluten), you can safely dine from the special allergen-free buffet line. There will be one buffet line outside of the Michigan Ballroom and one in the Tower/Mackinac/Peninsula Room pre-function space.
Please review the menus during registration and check the special dietary meal option checkbox to receive this throughout the week. If you have concerns once onsite, please see the Grand Traverse Resort staff.
Meals are served buffet style. Final meal costs include a 20% gratuity for service personnel. Breakfast is $12 | Lunch is $15 | Dinner is $20 | Wednesday Dinner Burger Bar is available for $18. There are also four onsite restaurants.
Breakfast is considered optional and not included in equalization member registration. Onsite breakfast options are Sweetwater American Bistro, hotel coffee shop, or Hotel and Tower room service. There is no dining hall; Focus Meals and general seating will be in meeting rooms or outdoor venues. Final locations for meals will be posted onsite and in the program book. Focus Meals are open to anyone unless it is noted as ‘Invitation Only’.
Focus Meal Schedule
Thursday, May 28
• First Time Attendee Orientation Building
•Transformational Leadership Teams – with Rev. Jaye Johnson
• Fellowship of Local Pastors & Associate Members
• How to Become a Mission Intern Site
• Memorial Families
• Retired Clergy
• Board of Global Ministries – updates of Engage projects
• Committees on African-American, Asian American, Hispanic/Latino, and Native American Ministries Methodist Federation for Social Action (MFSA) / Reconciling Ministries Network
Friday, May 29
• Northern Skies District Breakfast Northern Waters District Breakfast
• Bishop’s Annual Meeting with Clergy in Extension Ministries
• Board of Justice – Disability Concerns as Congregational Care
• Liberia Covenant Partnership
• Multiply Your Church by Discovering Your Contextual Flavor – with Jason Moore
• Order of Deacons
• United Methodist Women – Alline Beutler,
• Site Manager for Traverse City Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON)
• Wesleyan Covenant Association
Saturday, May 30
• Haiti Covenant Partners
• Michigan Clergy Spouse Association
• Do you Need to Revitalize or Multiply Worship? – with Rev. Gary Step
• Reclaiming the Call to Lay Ministry – with Kay Kotan
• Asbury Theological Seminary Alumni
• Boston University School of Theology
• Duke Divinity School Alumni
• Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary – with President Lallene Rector
Methodist Theological School in Ohio Alumni & Friends
• United Theological Seminary – with Rev. Brad Kalajainen
• Bishop and Mrs. Bard’s Dinner with those to be Ordained and Commissioned
• Asking Focused Questions Leads to a Sustainable Future – with Naomi García
• Michigan Conference Lay Servant District Directors Annual Meeting
Sunday, May 31
• Council on Finance and Administration (CFA) (Invitation Only)
• Explore Calling
• Reception Reception for those newly Commissioned and Ordained